Encocam is committed to ensuring the health and safety of our employees at work, and others who may be affected by our activities, by providing a secure work environment and ensuring that all significant risks are assessed and effectively managed using principles proportionate to risk with a prioritisation approach.
We will comply with all legal requirements and aim to continually improve our health and safety performance through our Health and Safety Management System.
All employees and those working on behalf of the company have a responsibility for the safety of themselves and others who might be affected by their actions, with overall accountability for safety recognised as a prime responsibility for all those who manage and supervise.
Working alongside each operational division, the Senior Management Team and additional group support functions will set the standards to ensure so far as reasonably practicable that the operational companies:
- Will pro-actively action to prevent injury or ill health to employees and others who may be affected by activities that they or others undertake by actively managing risk.
- Actively manage accident investigation and response, ensuring remedial action is taken to address immediate and root cause issues.
- Implement Behavioural Safety Programme to develop ownership and Leadership of Health & Safety at all levels.
- Consult and engage with employees on all matters affecting health and safety, encouraging and supporting safe behaviours.
- Compliance ensured as an absolute minimum with all applicable health and safety legal standard and other identified risk management requirements.
- Continuity – Have adequate resources and management to maintain compliance and business continuity.
- Provide suitable and sufficient information, instruction, supervision and training to employees in accordance with the specified standard.
- Ensure continuous improvement in health and safety performance.
- Review the standard at relevant intervals to ensure these are being met, but no less than annually.